Roots descending to Ernest Holmes' creation of a school of Religious Science in Los Angeles, the present Holmes Institute is the educational arm of the United Church of Religious Science. This particular denomination is expanding through absorbing the other Religious Science denominations and thus the Holmes Institute may soon be their only educational vehicle.
This "Masters Degree in Conscious Studies" is an in-house degree for their denomination's candidates.
Minimum Qualifications of Applicants: *
The individual must submit all of the following documents as part of the application:
- Copy of Religious Science Practitioner License or a letter documenting that licensing will be completed within twelve (12) months.
- A letter verifying current, active United Centers for Spiritual Living membership from a minister or Board President.
- Copy of diploma from an accredited college or university, or proof of projected bachelors degree to be completed within one year.
- Application for a criminal background check that includes a financial credit report
- Official transcripts submitted in an envelope sealed by the Institution sent to Holmes Institute.
- Three letters of reference: One from your current minister, one from a Professional Practitioner, and from a person familiar with your performance in another professional or related activity. All references are sent to the Regional Center by the evaluator.
Paneling of Applicants:
An entrance panel is included in the application process. An oral interview with a panel of ministers must be completed before a student is officially admitted to Holmes Institute.
Cost of this 3 year program
when our reporters last checked
in February, 2011 was
$20, 448 USD
The above costs do not reflect additional costs for travel etc...
* Requirement for every institution listed may change so go directly to their website to verify accuracy of any information reported by NewThoughtNews.
Visit the website of Holmes Institute to explore their program directly.